Friday, May 16, 2008

The Picture Post

You know, all of this writing business is taking too long. It's hard to keep on top of it. No lie. So this is the picture issue; captions included. FYI, there are about two new posts before this one, so further down the page.



My time in Tokyo is going by so quickly. I've already been here for a month and a half, almost two months and I don't feel as if I've accomplished anything yet. I really wish I could stay longer, really get better at my Japanese and make some Japanese-speaking only friends.




I have met some really cool gaijin here, however, so all is not lost in the way of making connections. We all went out one night to a club called Ageha. It was so much fun and prior to going I didn't think the Japanese guys were too fond of me. But after Ageha, I know better.




I'm not just hanging out in the city though. During Golden Week, Mia, Hunter and I went camping with the Kempo club. Kempo Camp! It was... an interesting experience. There are some personalities that I just don't like in Kempo. They're not the Japanese people but some gaijin. I don't want to get into it because it's just better to leave the negative in the past; there's no need to let it... percolate, so to speak.




The weather was pretty gloomy on the way there but despite the cloud cover, everything was still beautiful.

No comments: